Monday, September 27, 2010

2 questions...and a dash of commentary

Sorry this is 2 hours late, I was working at the writing center. These are kind of the same questions that I tweeted but knowing how Twitter and I don't get along, here they are again:

Number one:
What do people think about Lessig's suggestions to revise the currently exisiting copyright laws? Do you think he has a chance?

Number two:
What criteria place one in RO or RW culture? Are there criteria? I feel like I'm stuck in the middle.

I love Lessig's cyncial view of the current copyright laws and his anecdotes on firms prosecuting teens for creating RP Harry Potter games. I was confused by the description of "community spaces," "collaboration spaces," and "community." But what I love most about this book is that I can get it on my Kindle. Not that I did, but I can! Yay for multimedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment